[M365] Important - Email Migration and Domain Name Change

Mark Stockman mstockman at town.westborough.ma.us
Tue Aug 1 19:48:09 UTC 2023

 Important - Email Migration and Domain Name Change

Greetings,

The Town of Westborough will be migrating to Microsoft 365 on* Tuesday,
August 8**th*.  Additionally, the email domain of ‘town.westborough.ma.us’
will be changing to ‘westboroughma.gov’.  For example, if your old email was
*wboro**@town.westborough.ma.us* <wboro at town.westborough.ma.us>, your new
email will be *wboro at westboroughma.gov* <wboro at westboroughma.gov>.  Also,
it should be noted your old email will continue to forward messages to your
new email after the migration so regardless of which email address a sender
uses you will still get your mail.

Your mail will continue to work and be accessible during the migration with
a few noted situations:

·      * Outlook (**EXISTING OUTLOOK USERS ONLY**)*

o      * Outlook could be slow, or non-functioning throughout the day on
Tuesday.  This is expected, and on-site/remote engineers will assist with
the setup. ** A separate email targeting Outlook users will be sent out
soon.*

o      * PLEASE PLAN TO UTILIZE WEBMAIL.*

§       *https://outlook.office.com* <https://outlook.office.com>

·      * Webmail *

o       *https://outlook.office.com* <https://outlook.office.com> for
webmail access

§       Use your full email address with the new @*westboroughma.gov*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/westboroughma.gov__;!!ODlcQD-s_yo!SbaMo371UQuilZ8v1jOA3ZIvATcsgT5GPop4AmPmh7BUY3Oo-vAXFQnNBFiKdpWAod8S5hv_MwSfRvX64b9QlotUxaICQbiTMA$>
domain and your network password (the IT Department can assist with
resetting your Office 365 password as needed)

o      * If at any time outlook is not working, please utilize webmail for
email access*

·      * Mobile Devices*

o       Email on your phones and mobile devices will need to be setup again
on* Tuesday 8/8.*

§      * Click this* *LINK*
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-office-apps-and-email-on-a-mobile-device-7dabb6cb-0046-40b6-81fe-767e0b1f014f?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us>*
for instructions that you can follow to setup your mobile device*

§      * The IT Department will be available to assist you if needed.*

o       Delete your existing work email account prior to following these
directions

o       Do not set this up ahead of time as it will not work until* 8/8*

*Will I get an email that someone sends me during the migration?*

Yes.  Mail will not be lost during the migration.

*Will my mail look or operate any differently after the migration?*

No:

·       Functionality will not change however the migration involves moving
our mail service provider.  After the migration, our email will be hosted
on Microsoft Office365.

·       The Webmail interface is improved and looks very similar to Outlook

*W**hat if I have more questions?*

The IT Department will have resources available to assist you on Tuesday,
August 8th.

*Mark Stockman*

Information Technology Director

Town of Westborough